Welcome! I’m so glad you stopped by! 🙂
Relax and Unwind. It’s my favorite part of the day – morning coffee time! The day just isn’t the same without a quiet moment to stop and reflect, chat, check-in, etc. My family knows, the #1 rule of my house is, “Don’t talk to me until I’ve had my first cup of coffee and taken a poop!” I’m really much more of a night owl than an early bird – so luckily this virtual corner café is open 24 hours.
Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Don’t be shy. No need to worry about appearances. You can visit in your P.J.’s if you like – I promise no one will notice unless you point it out. Haven’t brushed your teeth or combed your hair yet? No problem. I can’t see your hair or smell your breath from here 😉 Can’t sleep? Something on your mind? Spill it! Now’s the time and here’s your invitation!
The purpose of this page is to get a chance to meet new people, network, and engage. Not sure what to say? I’ll help you get started. Here’s a few links I found very helpful:
Say Something: Commenting Etiquette | The Daily Post
Making Conversation: How to Think Up Good Comments | The Daily Post
Here’s a few questions:
1. What brings you to my blog today? Was it a post I wrote or a link from another blog or website? If you haven’t already commented on a specific post or page, do you have any thoughts or reactions to my blog (in general) that you’d like to share? Would you like to give feedback on my blog?
2. Are you a parent, grand-parent, relative, or friend of a child (or adult) with Autism or Special Needs or are you just a supporter of our cause? Remember all are welcome here and we appreciate support and encouragement wherever we find it!
3. Want to know more about me or our story? Please share any parts that are of particular interest to you. I have so much to say, and yet some days I don’t know where to start! It’s a long story and I like to break it up into bite size bits and pieces, so feel free to point me in the right direction!
4. Was there something you were looking for that you couldn’t find on my blog? Are you looking for Autism, Special Needs, Speech and Language, Feeding Difficulty, Hearing Impairment, Vision Impairment, or Deaf-blindness resources?
5. Do you have any questions that you’re afraid to ask? Don’t be shy. I don’t bite. (Not usually anyway. I promise I’ll be good.) If you prefer, you can leave a message privately. No need to worry if the question is too personal – all comments on my blog are moderated by me. I won’t be offended. I’ll share what I feel is appropriate to share publicly, and do my best to respond privately to anything personal or sensitive.
6. Do you have any thoughts that are off topic that you’d like to share? A penny for your thoughts… Do you have any ideas for future blog post topics you’d like to hear about?
7. Do you have a blog that you’d like to share with us? Here’s an oppertunity for self-promotion. Self-promotion is a lot like self-advocacy. For me, it means I’m required to step outside of my comfort zone and “toot my own horn” or be the “squeaky wheel” that gets the grease (so to speak.) I’m definitely no expert on self-promotion, but I do support the idea and hope to improve on my own social skills. To participate please click the link “Blogger Meet and Greet” – it’s a special space I’ve reserved specifically for my fellow bloggers! This page is for everything else. I’d like to give everyone the opportunity to participate in my blog and also keep the content well-organized, relevant, and up-to-date.
Thanks again for stopping by and participating!
Liana and Stephen