I love all things interesting and unusual. This tree caught my eye on a summer camping trip to Burlingame State Park. I’ve never seen a tree grow over a sign like this before. What a peaceful place on the campground. Nature envelops every trace of humanity. Even the sign bows to the beauty of creation.
and another sight that caught my eye…
I passed this man carrying his cross down the highway by the shore. When we passed him a second time, I stopped and asked to take his picture. I got the message loud and clear without him saying a word. His cross was a gentle reminder and he wasn’t at all preachy. There’s nothing I detest more than hypocrisy, and nothing I value more than sincerity.
That reminds me, Easter is just around the corner. Yay Spring! I drank my coffee outside on the porch swing this morning for the first time this year. What a beautiful day. No matter what your beliefs, there is always something to be grateful for…
- God, give me grace to accept with serenity
- the things that cannot be changed,
- Courage to change the things
- which should be changed,
- and the Wisdom to distinguish
- the one from the other.
- Living one day at a time,
- Enjoying one moment at a time,
- Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
- If I surrender to Your will,
- So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
- And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
- -Reinhold Niebuhr-
This post is in response to: One Word Photo Challenge: Brown | Jennifer Nichole Wells
Love, Support, Educate, Advocate, Accept… by Liana Seneca is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.